So, as everyone knows the Mists of Pandaria Beta has been out for a little while now. For anyone who hasn’t been able to get in yet I though I would share some experiences and tips in the event that you do get that covetted invite.
- Remember that this is the beta. Fecal matter is broken. (What? This is a family, mostly hunter oriented gaming site.) As of 7 April I was unable to complete any quest that required collecting items off the ground- the one exception being the quests in the Pandaren starting area.
- Hunter pets are their original size after zoning, reloading, etc. At first this sounds really cool, but trust me; after a while you come to hate that pet because it is always in the way.
- Don’t bind in Pandaria, especially Alliance! As of April 7, the portals did not work without a rune of teleportation. Alliance members who were able to teleport with the rune then found themselves to suddenly being taking on the role of Rapunzel as they were unable to leave the tower.
- Set those graphics qualities to good or lower, unless you really miss watching Reboot. Graphics on the higher settings caused many buildings to take on the appearance of giant pink cubes. Unfortunitely they were not accompanied by Enzo and a female voice annoucing, “Warning. incoming game. Warning, incoming game.”
- If you’re like me, your “primary spec” isn’t your primary spec. Your seconday spec (the one I use 99% of the time) is wipeed clean and your primary is the default.
- Some hunters have been experiencing missing pets. Basically, one is missing from the call pet ability on your action bar. It has to be called from the spellbook.
So here is how all these discoveries unfolded in my beta adventures: I logged in to find that I had no specialization. No problem. I figured I would keep SV and change MM to BM to see what changes had been made. Then I discoved that the other spec was not blank as I had thought. “Oh well! Lets go play in Jade Forest! I’ll fix it later.” Only at this point you still can not change your specialization. So off I go to Panda land. I get there, things are cool and I start questing with a ginormous wolf because my cat is missing. I bind in Pandaria. I decide that the wolf is not working out, so I decided to take a portal back. It doesn’t work. So I quest some more with a very large wolf who likes to stand on top of the bodies I need to loot. An hour or so passes and I ask around and find out that I need a reagent to use the portals, of which I can find none in Pandaria so I have my priest mail my hunter some. Hurray! Hurray? Nope. I was stuck in the tower in Stormwind. So what’s a girl to do? Level a Night Elf monk! Then I saw that a quarter of the quests I came across were broken. Be warned beta testers, be warned.