As per Frostheim’s website, WarCraft Hunters’ Union, the minor glyph’s for hunters in Mists of Pandaria are as follows:
- Glyph of Aspect of the Cheetah – Your Aspect of the Cheetah no longer causes you to be dazed when struck. Instead, the effect is cancelled and all your Aspects are placed on a 4 sec cooldown.
- Glyph of Aspect of the Pack – Increases the range of your Aspect of the Pack by 15 yards.
- Glyph of Feign Death – Reduces the cooldown of your Feign Death spell by 5 sec.
- Glyph of Lesser Proportion – Slightly reduces the size of your pet.
- Glyph of Revive Pet – Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting revive pet by 100%
- Glyph of Tame Beast – Reduces the time required to complete Tame Beast by (4000/-1000) sec.
- Glyph of Scare Beast – Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Scare Beast by 75%
So here it goes, my thoughts on the minor glyphs… Boooooooriiiiiing! Now before anyone gets offended on Blizzard’s behalf let me state that I am aware that this is just beta and things are very likely to change; also you should be made aware that I am more likely to be a Blizzard apologist than a detractor. Now, all that having been said, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty! To save myself a lot of typing and to support a great show I’m going to link you to Tank Spot’s Lore giving his opinion (mine is pretty much the same) on MoP minor glyphs in general on his show The Weekly Marmot. Okay, are you done watching? Saw it already? Alright, so now you know that many classes’ (druid, paladin, warlock etc.) minor glyphs are absolute fluff and that’s great. Glyph’s that have an effect that is inherently more beneficial than others are no brainers, therefore making the choices themselves un-meaningful. Thus we have seen an increase in cosmetic minor glyphs. For example druids have one that turns their aquatic form into an orca (so cool!) as well as another that makes their travel form take on the appearance of a stag and also gives that form the ability to be a “mount” to a passenger (damn cool!). Heck mages are able to polymorph critters into other things for 24 hours.
This leads me to my disappointment with the hunter glyphs. I’m a bit confused as to why glyphs like Aspect of the Pack, Feign Death, Revive Pet, and Scare Beast are being presented to us when they themselves are neither meaningful or fun. Aspect of the Cheetah feels as if it should be a major glyph and the glyph of Lesser Proportion seems extremely backwards to me. I want my cat, Dauntless (he’s the shiny one in the screenshot below of me shrugging in confusion) to be enormous. That being said, the productive thing to do is offer some alternatives. So here goes… (Without clever names because I stink at that.)
- Snake Trap – Some of us don’t like snakes. To quote Indiana Jones, “Why did it have to be snakes?” So how about a glyph that makes it into a scorpion or spider trap?
- Aspect of the Fox – While active gives the hunter a fox tail. (Yes, I’m grasping at straws at this point but I kind of like the idea.)
- Yeah this is a lot harder than I originally thought. Not to say that there aren’t things I would love to see given to hunters that are purely cosmetic, but that it would be hard to make them a glyph.
Ok, so hunter glyphs are definitely a horse of a different color when comes to making them more visual and less mechanical. And no doubt the people at Blizzard are working hard to give us something every bit as cool as what the other classes are getting. Because of that I am not ashamed in saying that I’m stumped and that if the dev’s aren’t able to come up with anything else, what is currently in place is acceptable. So what are your thought? What would you like to see changed with the minor glyphs if anything at all? In the mean time, I will be working on a list of things I want to see added to the class as a whole, like customizable quivers since we won’t have a melee weapon on our backs. Until then, I’ll be eagerly awaiting your suggestions.
11 April, 2012 Update: Fortunately Blizzard is a lot more creative than I am and they have so far added one new minor glyph for hunters. My thoughts on this new glyph can be found here.